Sunday, July 29, 2012

Jimmy Choo and Cameron have (already) stolen my heart.

Hello!!

Life has been treating me wonderfully since the last post- I made a "major life decision" that may affect my shoe budget.... I'm getting a puppy!!!!

Cream long hair miniature dachshunds are equal on my love list to shoes and I am finally in the position to be able to own one.  The puppies are due in August and I will be getting a male in October.  I'm going to name him Cameron because my favorite movie is Ferris Bueller's Day Off and my last dog's name was Bueller.  Now I will have Bueller's best friend! (and mine too!) Here are pics of me and the mom, who is pregnant now.  I am so excited!!


Now for shoes-  I need to talk about two pairs of fabulous shoes that I am blessed to own.  It may sound silly but I am so glad to have these shoes in my life- if I didn't have them I don't know WHAT I would wear to work most days.

I'm talking about my Jimmy Choo Mary Jane's.  Simply put,  I adore them.  Take a peek:


Brand New-  Here they are from Saks, where I got them.  The nude are no longer available, but I'm sure similar styles will come out soon.

I apologize for them being a little worn in, but I wear the nude ones on average 3 times a week.  I love these shoes for multiple reasons- reasons that go far behind the name.  The design of these shoes are perfect for work- they're attractive and fabulous but not too sexy.  (I don't want that at work.)  They are also extraordinarily comfortable.  I can wear the shoes for 8 hours and although my arch will be sore (what heels won't do that?) there are no areas that rub.  Surprisingly enough they didn't rub when brand new either.

When thinking about why these shoes are comfortable I am drawn first to the heel height.  The heel is 4 1/4 inches on both pairs - a height I define as perfect.  They are just high enough to be beautiful but the arch isn't painful and hard to walk in.

Comfortability also has a lot to do with the material a shoe is made of - which to many people is a "duh" statement but I find when people are complaining about their shoes a lot of it comes down to the material that is rubbing against their feet.  The Jimmy Choo's that I own are made out of leather- the lining and the sole.  The leather is wonderful- it is comfortable and conforms to the foot after a few wears like a baseball glove.  If you look at the above pictures you will notice two pairs, slightly different.  The nude pair is patent which is a leather given a a permanent polish finish.  While patent looks amazing it is a bit less comfortable than leather without the polish finish.

All in all the heels are fabulous and I'll be looking for more pairs similar to these.  For now, here are some pairs that I believe would feel/fit similarly.

Vince Camuto- These are a bit different because they have the chunky heel, however it is still a 4 inch height.  The material is a leather outer, but a synthetic lining, which is alright, but leather is always more comfortable.  (However there is a price tag that comes with it!)

Valentino- I am salivating over these.  I need these!!!!! Found them for this post and now I've found my next purchase.  (I wish.)  4 3/4 height heel and made out of leather.  YUM!


I'll look for a few more when I have more time and post some in the comments section.  

Next week I'm going on vacation to Miami and can't wait to see fabulous pairs of shoes on everyone and to debut a pair of my own...Brian Atwood!  When I get back I will analyze them... Hope they don't murder my feet!

4 comments:

  1. Look Guys!! A pair similar to my nude Jimmy's but in Suede- and for a lot less. Michael Kors for fall- http://www.neimanmarcus.com/p/KORS-Michael-Kors-Galli-Suede-Mary-Jane-Pump-Khaki-Pumps/prod145870160_cat39980735_cat13030734_/?isEditorial=false&index=340&cmCat=cat000000cat000141cat13030734cat39980735

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ingredients used to make these nutritious drinks are readily available at grocery stores, dieters may also buy them online for great cost savings.
    http://fox13now.com/tag/marco-guizar/

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes this is giving such a wonderful information that we must have to know about training shoes.
    womens training shoes

    ReplyDelete
  4. I truly respect you framing style and the article you had made Which is exceptionally intriguing continue posting.
    cheap heels
    heels online shop
    cheap heels nz

    ReplyDelete